At Attenborough Day Nursery, looking after our environment is really important to us. In order to be as environmentally-friendly as possible, we:
- Have made positive improvements to our buildings to make them more sustainable (a damp-proof course, more efficient heating and water systems, low energy lighting, A grade appliances, reusing furniture from the old school)
- Are using natural materials and resources where possible such as wooden toys, and have sourced good quality second-hand furniture and equipment such as desks, storage units and great preloved toys.
- Are using energy efficient computer systems to reduce the amount of paper for admin purposes. We run a paperless payroll system too as well as a paperless invoice system to make things easy for parents!
- Are recycling as much of our waste as possible including paper, glass and plastic and all appropriate food waste goes in our compost bins.
- Are growing our own vegetables and herbs to cook with and eat in the nursery.
- Are nurturing an eco garden to attract wildlife and raise children's awareness of nature.
- Are always looking for more ways to be environmentally-friendly and welcome your comments.