At Secret Garden Attenborough Day Nursery we not only provide fun and stimulating activities to fulfil the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), we also offer your child much more.
With the EYFS and your child forming the basis of our planning, we aim to incorporate outdoor, natural play as much as possible to bring your child closer to nature and incorporate Spanish activities throughout the week to enhance communication skills and cultural awareness.
- Typical activities at our nursery are:
- Regular visits (weekly in term time) to Forest School for our pre-school children
- Rockabillies music sessions every Tuesday in term time
- Sowing seeds and tending vegetables in our garden
- Digging and exploring in our children's digging area
- Nature trails in the surrounding village and in the nearby Attenborough Nature Reserve
- Spanish activities, games and songs (pre-school)
In order to fulfil our aim to be as sustainable as possible, we also use recycled or reclaimed materials for our activities where possible and aim to limit the waste we create.
If you have any further ideas on how we can get closer to nature, please share them with us!